February is the month of love but it can also be a difficult time for a lot of people. I read a lot of blogs and I’ve noticed a sharp up-spike the last couple of weeks in the number of people who are hurting or struggling in one way or another… feeling sad, mad, frustrated, near to hopeless… it breaks my heart for real. I seriously wish there were some way I could reach out and magically heal all the pain because trust me I know exactly how it feels!
Some of the following may be the culprit.
- The optimism of a new year is wearing off big time.
- Not finding the love one needs/desires in life can make a person feel kinda crappy… and then some.
- Long, lingering winters up north can make the human spirit plummet. I lived in the north for more than 30 years before getting the f- out. I have tiny flashbacks every time the temperature here in Florida drops below 60.
- The anticipation of spring… it seems like such a long wait doesn’t it?
- It’s not pretty. All the beauty of the snow of December and January is gone (from #MomFail, “Why I Strongly Dislike the Month of February“).
- No one really knows how to spell February (this one is from Elite Daily, “8 Reasons Why February Is Literally The Worst Month Ever“).
- Not to mention… the big elephant in the room… this crazy COVID crap just keeps going on and on and on….. it can drive a person completely loony tunes after a while.
Ultimately, attaining good mental health is a journey that each person has to forge for themselves. Most of us detest being told what to do… we like to figure it out for ourselves, right?
That being said there are people in the world struggling with the same things that you are right now… learn what works for others and try some of those things out for yourself. Develop your own unique plan. You can do it!
All the best!
Visit MidnightHarmony on Facebook
Visit MidnightHarmony on Pinterest